Cambridge, MA, 02139
Joined on June, 2014
Weekends at any time
Weekdays after 6PM
Weekdays after 6PM
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUndergraduate student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (rising senior) majoring in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering
ExperienceI tutored peers in high school for community service, and then worked as a math tutor for a summer at the tutoring company Mathnasium. I am qualified to teach any elementary to high school mathematics and science. I can also tutor for standardized test (especially ACT and SAT II math and science). I love working with children of all ages and have experience teaching students from kindergarten to 12th grade.
I have taken math classes up to Differential Equations (but not Statistics). I have a strong science background in biology, high school chemistry, physics, and anatomy/physiology.
I also have experience with some learning disabilities (ADD and Dyslexia). I work well with students with ADD and Dyslexia and have prior experience with these learning disabilities.
This summer I am working in a Biological Engineering lab at MIT. I am free weekends mainly but also later in the day on Wednesdays.
School of the Holy Child Rye (high school)
--- National Honors Society
--- Rensselaer Medal (junior year)
--- AP Scholar (junior and senior year)
--- Honor Roll (all four years)
--- Superior Achievement in History (freshman and sophomore year)
--- Superior Achievement in Science (junior year)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (rising sophomore)
- Majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a focus in Biology
- Math tutor for students in kindergarten to high school. Taught students one-on-one and in a group setting (up to about six students at a time).
MIT Varsity Crew
- Coxswain for the second varsity boat on MIT crew.
- Participated in and performed with MIT Dance Troupe.
Chemistry Club (School of the Holy Child Rye)
- President of Chemistry Club (junior and senior year)
MIT Women's Technology Program
- attended an electrical engineering and computer science program hosted at MIT.
- Took courses on coding in Python, discrete math, electrical engineering, and motor design/construction.
- Peer tutored students in high school in subjects ranging from math and science to history.
HobbiesI am a rising sophomore at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. At MIT, I have participated in dance troupes and joined the Lightweight Men's Crew Team (division 1) as a coxswain (women are allowed to be coxswains for men's teams). I am adventurous: I love trying and learning new things. Even more enjoyable is sharing the things I learn and experience with others. As a tutor, I strive to help my pupils understand not just the process, but the fundamentals--what helped me succeed through out school. My favorite questions from a student is 'why?'. I tend to be laid-back, but am strict in the sense that students must put effort into their work. I love working with students who try and will do my very best to make them as enthusiastic about the subject matter as I am.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.